Your introductory orthodontic visit is complimentary, and we’ll need approximately one hour to provide you with a complete examination and time to talk things over with Dr. Bunce. This visit provides us with valuable insight into your orthodontic goals and needs. We’ll talk about your treatment options, possible challenges, and address your questions or concerns.
Did you know:
You can complete your new patient forms online?
We encourage you to complete new patient paperwork online, prior to your first appointment, if possible. If necessary, you may also arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment so you can complete the paperwork in our reception area.
In our treatment area, we’ll use X-rays, photographs and models of your teeth to assess your bite and present the appropriate treatment plan.
What topics are discussed during the initial visit?
- Conditions that orthodontics treatment can correct
- Whether treatment is needed now or should be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred
- Treatment procedures that will be used to correct the problem
- Whether permanent teeth should be extracted prior to treatment
- Length of treatment required
- Treatment cost
You can assist in this process by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-rays taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. Providing this information enables us to estimate your treatment costs.
We believe that ideal orthodontic care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, any alternative treatments, and any symptoms present that may require further treatment. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal –a beautiful, confident smile for you!
By the end of your first visit, we want to ensure that you leave with a clear understanding of your specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, and how long the process will take.